Protect Your Wealth With Biblical Assets with ALPHAOMEGA GOLD - CLICK BANNER for your FREE CONSULTATION

Monday, February 16, 2026

Trump told Netanyahu he’d back Israeli strikes on Iran if talks fail – report

Discussion of potential attack is ongoing, CBS reports; as 2nd round of US-Iran talks set to start, PM demands Iran remove enriched uranium, dismantle facilities, limit missiles.


US President Donald Trump told Prime Minister Netanyahu in December that he would support Israeli strikes on Iran’s ballistic missile program if the US and Iran could not reach a deal, CBS News reported on Sunday, citing two sources familiar with the matter. The US outlet reported that discussions about such an attack, roughly eight months after the 12-day Israel-Iran war in June, are ongoing. During last year’s war, the US joined the Israeli strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities. This time, the American role in an Israeli attack would involve helping jets refuel in midair or aiding Israel in receiving permission to fly over neighboring countries, CBS reported.

Several countries have said they would not let their airspace be used for an attack on Iran. The report came as Iran’s foreign minister departed for Geneva on Sunday ahead of a second round of talks with the United States over Tehran’s nuclear program, and as Netanyahu voiced skepticism that the negotiations would succeed.

US Secretary of State Marco Rubio also acknowledged that the talks could fail, while emphasizing that Trump remains committed to seeing them through. Iran, meanwhile, signaled flexibility on its nuclear program and urged Washington to pursue a deal with mutual economic benefits. (Read More)