Trump posts a map showing the Middle East covered by a US flag with arrows targeting Iran, in what appears to be another warning to the Islamic Republic.
PROPHECY HEADLINES.COM
The "BIBLE NEWSPAPER" that examines current events through the prophetic lens
Monday, May 18, 2026
Another warning? Trump posts map covered by US flag and arrows pointing at Iran
Trump posts a map showing the Middle East covered by a US flag with arrows targeting Iran, in what appears to be another warning to the Islamic Republic.
Netanyahu speaks with Trump amid reports Israel, US preparing Iran strikes
Drone attack that damaged UAE's Barakah plant designed to 'send message' to UAE, sources tell Post
The drone attack on the civilian Barakah Nuclear Power Plant, which supplies electricity to the United Arab Emirates, was intended to “send a message” to the Emiratis, two sources familiar with the details of the strike told The Jerusalem Post on Sunday. According to one of the sources, the drone deliberately targeted one of the facility’s energy suppliers in order to convey the message: “We can also strike the nuclear reactor itself and trigger a nuclear incident.”
Hezbollah may return to political assassinations as control over Lebanon weakens, expert says
Hezbollah may resort to assassinating political rivals in Lebanon as its grip on the country weakens, according to a Meir Amit Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center (ITIC)-affiliated expert who spoke with The Jerusalem Post on Sunday. In recent months, Hezbollah has faced growing restrictions on its power, including new legislation limiting its ability to legally possess weapons and conduct military activity, as well as Beirut’s participation in talks with Jerusalem in Washington.
IDF issues evacuation warnings for three villages in south Lebanon
The IDF issues evacuation warnings for three villages in southern Lebanon ahead of airstrikes targeting the Hezbollah terror group.
Residents of Harouf, Burj al-Shamali and Debaal are instructed to evacuate at least a kilometer away.
“In light of the Hezbollah terror organization’s violations of the ceasefire agreement, the IDF is forced to act against it with force and does not intend to harm you,” warns army spokesman Col. Avichay Adraee. (Ed note: the village of Burj al-Shamali is a direct suburb and the site of a major Palestine refugee camp very close to the city of Tyre. The other two villages are about 13 to 18 miles away from Tyre.) (JPost)
Motor Oil Could Be the Next Thing Drivers Start Panic-Buying — Toyota and Nissan Are Already Warning Dealers
Remember when everyone was rushing to buy 24-packs of two-ply toilet paper? Well, get ready, because I think we’re all going to be stocking up on motor oils very soon .Apparently, Mobil and Shell informed Costco and Walmart earlier this month that they have no packaged product left to send them. “Expect bare shelves in the motor oil section in a few weeks,” they warned. Then, Toyota recently sent a bulletin to its service departments warning of an oil shortage (for certain oil weights). The announcement, shared on X, said that ExxonMobil is anticipating a shortage of 0W-8 and 0W-16. The memo has been confirmed to be genuine by multiple sources, although not by Toyota itself.
'Some people are literally living in their trucks': Trucker drivers feel the squeeze of high diesel prices
WISCONSIN — The sharp increase of diesel prices is straining America’s transportation backbone and driving up costs for both businesses and consumers. Trucks, trains, planes, barges and farming equipment all rely on diesel fuel. The higher transportation costs trickle down, leading to increased prices for nearly everything. The higher the price of diesel goes, the more truck companies have to adjust their margins or cut back. For truck driver Andrew Sawyer of Swift Transportation, that means the raise he was hoping for isn’t coming anytime soon.
Sunday, May 17, 2026
'Calm before the storm': Trump shares cryptic post on Iran
Trump: Iran can’t have nuclear weapons because ‘they’re crazy’
Tehran’s erratic conduct in negotiations with Washington demonstrates why the Islamic Republic cannot possess nuclear weapons, U.S. President Donald Trump said in an interview with Fox News aired on Friday. “We really had the confines of a deal; no nuclear, they were going to give us the nuclear dust ..., everything we wanted—and every time they’d make a deal, the next day it’s like we didn’t have that conversation. ... And that’s taken place about five times. There’s something wrong with them. Actually, they’re crazy, and you know what? Because of that, they cannot have a nuclear weapon,” Trump said.
'Future belongs to Global South': Iran appoints Ghalibaf to oversee ties with China - What it could mean for the US
Iran's parliament speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf has been appointed to oversee relations with China, Iranian media reported on Sunday (May 17). Ghalibaf was the chief negotiator in talks with the United States that resulted in a ceasefire after Israel and the US launched airstrikes on Iran in Feb. It was not immediately clear who appointed Ghalibaf to the role, but Tasnim said he would “coordinate various sectors of relations between Iran and China.” After his appointment, Ghalibaf backed Chinese President Xi Jinping's vision of historic global transformations, stating that "the future belongs to the Global South." Incidentally, the development comes right after US President Donald Trump wrapped up his China visit. There are also reports that suggested that China might have played a back channel role in convincing Iran to come to the negotiation table with the US amid raging war.
Drone strike hits UAE nuclear power plant
( May 17, 2026 / JNS ) A drone strike sparked a fire outside the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant in Abu Dhabi on Sunday, according to UAE authorities. It was the first time the nation’s only nuclear plant was targeted. No one as yet has taken responsibility for the strike.
IDF infantry platoon commander killed by Hezbollah drone in southern Lebanon
An IDF officer was killed in a Hezbollah explosive drone attack in southern Lebanon on Friday, the military announced Saturday evening, as limited fighting continued with the Iran-backed terror group despite a newly extended ceasefire. The slain officer was named as Cpt. Maoz Israel Recanati, 24, a platoon commander in the Golani Brigade’s 12th Battalion, from Itamar. Recanati was set to marry his fiancée, Rani, in a month, according to a statement from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. “We all embrace her and his loved ones during this difficult time,” the statement read.
He was the seventh IDF soldier to be killed in southern Lebanon since the start of the ceasefire, and the 20th since hostilities escalated amid the Iran war. A civilian contractor has also been killed in southern Lebanon. Meanwhile, the IDF said Saturday that it shot down several Hezbollah drones that were flying in areas of southern Lebanon where Israeli troops are operating. The drones triggered sirens in several border communities in the Western Galilee.
...For its part, the IDF said Saturday evening that it had struck some 100 Hezbollah targets in southern Lebanon over the weekend. According to the military, the targets included surveillance posts, weapon depots, and other infrastructure used by the terror group to advance attacks.
...The strikes were carried out across southern Lebanon, including in the Tyre area. Lebanon’s state-run National News Agency (NNA) reported strikes on more than two dozen villages on Saturday, including one more than 50 kilometers (30 miles) from the border. It also reported a new exodus of residents toward the southern city of Sidon and the capital Beirut. Hezbollah has, meanwhile, also targeted Israeli forces who have created a deep buffer zone in southern Lebanon, which Jerusalem says is designed to prevent Hezbollah attacks on communities across the border. Hezbollah has also continued to fire drones and rockets at northern Israel. (Ed note: Along with the bad news, isn't it interesting how the biblical cities keep coming into focus, Tyre and Sidon?) (Read More)
IDF holds General Staff-level drill along Jordan border
The Israel Defense Forces held a General Staff exercise on Friday to assess readiness for a surprise attack along the eastern border with Jordan in the areas of the 96th “Gilead” and 80th “Edom” Reserve Divisions, the army said. IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Eyal Zamir drilled the troops who had been called up and examined their preparedness for a variety of scenarios, such as enemy infiltration into communities, responses to drone threats, and complex incidents near the Dead Sea, the IDF said. The exercise included fighter jets and combat helicopters carrying out dozens of aerial strikes within short time frames, as well as the aerial deployment of special forces for immediate intervention in complex incidents within civilian areas. Israeli Air Force special forces simulated a terrorist infiltration incident at a hotel in the area, the military added.
Trump Administration Urges UAE to Seize Iranian Island Lavan
Senior Trump administration officials are urging the UAE to seize Iran’s strategic Lavan Island oil terminal, one of Tehran’s largest export hubs, following secret Emirati strikes on the facility in April, according to The Telegraph. Senior officials in the Trump administration are encouraging the United Arab Emirates to deepen its involvement in the ongoing confrontation with Iran, including by seizing control of Lavan Island, a key Iranian oil export hub in the Persian Gulf.
As Hormuz crisis rattles the world, eyes are on another key waterway
HONG KONG — As the crisis in the Strait of Hormuz drags on, guardians of another critical waterway are worried about the precedent it sets for any future clash between the United States and China. “If they go to war in the Pacific, what you are witnessing now in the Strait of Hormuz is just a dry run,” Singaporean Foreign Affairs Minister Vivian Balakrishnan said last month. Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia all flank the Strait of Malacca — a waterway roughly five times longer and 10 times narrower than the Strait of Hormuz at its tightest point. It carries more than a quarter of global trade, including most of the oil that flows from the Persian Gulf to key Asian markets.
...However, potential disruption may not be as critical as the Hormuz crisis, which has left many Gulf states with effectively no route to the wider ocean. There are alternative routes for vessels if Malacca is blocked, meaning a closure could prove more of an inconvenience than an absolute barrier to trade. Wary of any geostrategic vulnerability, China has spent decades seeking a solution to what former Chinese President Hu Jintao dubbed the “Malacca dilemma,” seeking to reduce its dependence on crude oil imports coming through the strait. (Read More)
Saturday, May 16, 2026
As Iran talks stall, Israel and US prepping to renew war as soon as next week – report
Commandos could be put on the ground to extract nuclear material, US officials tell New York Times; senior Israeli official reportedly says fighting would last ‘days to weeks.’
Atomic Stalemate: Iran Rejects U.S. Demands to Ship Out Nuclear Materials
Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi has officially admitted that negotiations over the country's enriched uranium stockpile have reached a total impasse.
Israel set for first-ever F-35 external fuel tank upgrade in force buildup push
New capability would reduce reliance on aerial refueling and improve operational flexibility in long-range missions. But it remains unclear if it would affect aircraft's stealth capabilities.
US announces 45-day extension of Israel-Lebanon ceasefire
State Department announces a 45-day extension of the Israel-Lebanon ceasefire to allow for further talks. Hezbollah continues to violate the ceasefire by firing on northern Israel.
U.S. Shuts Down Lebanon’s Withdrawal Demand as Israel Carves a Permanent 10km ‘Kill Zone’
Lebanon's request for a full ceasefire and Israeli pullout has been flatly rejected by the White House and sources say the rebuke was sharp.
The message delivered to Lebanese representatives was unambiguous: the US has already been working to limit Israeli strikes on Beirut, and it will continue doing so. But any Israeli withdrawal from Lebanese territory is fully conditional on Hezbollah's disarmament. An agreement that sidesteps that issue, American officials said, would only "create the conditions for the next war." Israel and the US did agree to extend the current ceasefire in its existing form to allow negotiations to continue, but on their terms, not Beirut's.
The diplomatic exchange reflects a military reality that is already being physically constructed in southern Lebanon. Israel has established what it calls a "Yellow Line" security zone extending up to 10 kilometers north of the border, giving it control over a line of anti-tank fire and the ability to deploy heavy armor and artillery inside Lebanese territory. Five Israeli maneuvering divisions are currently deployed in Lebanon, the same number that were inside Gaza at the height of that conflict. A source briefed on the matter told NPR that Israel has no intention of withdrawing from the buffer zone for the coming months and potentially years, unless it sees tangible progress on Hezbollah's disarmament. (Ed note: The US got that one right.) (Read More)
IDF destroys Hezbollah terror infrastructure in southern Lebanon
Egypt, Uganda agree to expand Nile water cooperation
El-Sisi said Egypt faces severe water scarcity, with annual per capita water availability falling below 500 cubic meters.
Friday, May 15, 2026
Trump says ‘decimation’ of Iran’s army ‘to be continued’ after he and China’s Xi discuss Hormuz
US President Donald Trump counted “the military decimation of Iran” among his administration’s accomplishments in a social media post on Thursday, adding, “to be continued!” The phrase, included in a lengthy Truth Social post, suggested he may resume the war against Iran after he returns from his trip to China on Friday. A ceasefire took effect in the US-Israeli war with the Islamic Republic in early April, though American-Iranian talks have yet to lead to an agreement. “I am not going to be much more patient,” Trump said in an interview aired on Thursday night on Fox News’ “Hannity” program. “They should make a deal.”
Iran’s FM Araghchi: Tehran has ‘no trust’ in US, will only negotiate if it’s serious
Tehran has “no trust” in the US and is interested in negotiating with Washington only if it is serious, Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi says, as talks on ending the war remain on hold. All vessels can pass through the Strait of Hormuz except those at war with Tehran, Araghchi tells reporters in New Delhi during a visit to attend the BRICS foreign ministers’ meeting, adding that vessels wanting to transit should coordinate with its navy. The situation around the key conduit is “very complicated,” he says.
WATCH: 'All of Israel is ours': Smotrich calls to annex West Bank in Jerusalem Day speech
"The time has come for us to finally erase the lines that distinguish between Areas A, B, and C, the entire Land of Israel is ours," Smotrich said at the Religious Zionist Merkaz HaRav Yeshiva.
IDF striking near Tyre after repeated launches towards Israel
Chief of Staff on eastern border: Prepare for surprise attack
IDF Chief of Staff Eyal Zamir visits General Staff exercise simulating widescale terrorist assault, says military must maintain constant readiness for surprise attacks on Israel’s borders.
CENTCOM: Hamas, Hezbollah and the Houthis have been cut off from Iran’s weapons support
Before a US Senate committee, Admiral Brad Cooper, head of CENTCOM, stated that the Iranian threat had been "significantly reduced." Iran’s ability to threaten its neighbors and U.S. interests in the region has been “considerably reduced,” CENTCOM Commander Admiral Brad Cooper told a Senate committee on Tuesday.
Egypt Under Pressure: Sisi Struggles to Balance Economic Ruin with Regional War
Thursday, May 14, 2026
Report: US military considering switching name of Iran war to ‘Operation Sledgehammer’ if ceasefire collapses
Operation Sledgehammer: The Pentagon Prepares for a Total Collapse of the Ceasefire
The Pentagon is reportedly planning to rename its military campaign against Iran to "Operation Sledgehammer" in a move that could allow President Trump to bypass legal limits on war powers.
Signs are mounting that the United States is preparing for a return to active combat with Iran as ceasefire negotiations appear on the verge of total collapse. A report on Tuesday indicated that the Defense Department is considering rebranding its regional military effort from "Operation Epic Fury" to "Operation Sledgehammer." This change reflects a growing expectation within the Pentagon that the current pause in major combat operations will not last.
The proposed name change carries significant legal weight under the 1973 War Powers Resolution. This law requires the president to notify Congress within 48 hours of starting combat, starting a 60-day clock for either withdrawal or congressional approval. Because "Operation Epic Fury" was paused at the 40-day mark, a new operation name could legally "reset" the clock, allowing the administration to continue the war without immediate legislative interference.
President Trump has become increasingly aggressive in his public comments regarding the ceasefire. On Truth Social, he labeled Iran’s recent proposals as "TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!" and told reporters the current diplomatic efforts are on "massive life support." Trump officially rejected the latest offer from Tehran, calling it a "garbage" deal that failed to meet American security requirements. (Read More)
Bolton's Blunt Warning: Iran Talks Are "A Waste of Oxygen" - And the Plutonium Nobody Is Talking About
...While US negotiators have laser-focused on Iran's uranium enrichment program, the 440 kilograms enriched to 60% purity, the centrifuge cascades at Natanz and Fordow, Bolton and a growing chorus of nonproliferation expertsRussiawarn that a second, potentially larger nuclear threat is sitting untouched in a n-built power plant on Iran's southern coast. Russia's state nuclear company Rosatom, which built and has operated the Bushehr reactor for 15 years, has confirmed that 210 tons of spent nuclear fuel are now stored at the site. Cross-referencing that figure with IAEA reactor performance logs, nuclear experts calculate the spent fuel contains enough plutonium to manufacture more than 200 nuclear weapons. That is not a typo. Two hundred bombs. From a civilian power plant. Sitting in a spent fuel pond with, until recently, inspectors visiting only once every 90 days.
...The process of chemically stripping plutonium from spent fuel is not as technically forbidding as it sounds. A 1977 US government assessment found that a facility roughly the size of a basketball court, using technology little more advanced than dairy production, could accomplish the separation. Bolton's position is that all of it is theater. Iran made its strategic decision about nuclear weapons 47 years ago, he argues, and has never wavered, not in its words to diplomats, and certainly not in its actions. After Israel launched a major strike on Iran's nuclear facilities last year, Bolton told CNN: "There was never a chance, let me say that again, never a chance that Iran was going to agree to any kind of deal that we would find acceptable. Diplomacy had no chance, given Iran's objectives." (Read More)































