The United States is closer to military conflict with Iran than most Americans realize, and a massive weeks-long campaign could "begin very soon," Axios reported on Wednesday. Such a conflict would likely involve an operation more like a war than the single-day operation in Venezuela conducted last month, the report cited "sources" as saying. Those same sources told Axios that it would likely be a joint US-Israeli campaign with a broader scope than the 12-day war last June.
The second round of talks between the United States and Iran ended on Tuesday, with US envoys Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner meeting Iran's Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi. Although both sides said the meetings resulted in progress, several sources told The Jerusalem Post that significant gaps remain.
Vice President JD Vance has also addressed the talks in an interview with Fox News, saying that while Trump wants a deal, he could decide that diplomacy has "reached its natural end." "We would very much like, as the President has said, to resolve this through a conversation and a diplomatic negotiation," Vance said, "but the President has all options on the table." (Read More)
