Friday, February 7, 2020

Trump Plan to end Jewish-Arab conflict sees PLO implode

PLO leader Mahmoud Abbas’s dismissive response to President Trump’s peace plan spells the end of the road for the PLO as Israel’s Arab partner to negotiate an end to the 100 years unresolved conflict between Jews and Arabs. 

The PLO will maintain its long-standing rejectionist policy of not recognising Israel as the Jewish State after Abbas panned the Trump plan in the following denigrating and unequivocal terms:

"They told me Trump wants to send me the deal of the century to read, I said I would not," Abbas told the meeting of Arab League foreign ministers. 
"Trump asked that I speak to him over the phone, so I said 'no', and that he wants to send me a letter, so I refused to receive it."

Holding up a map that shows the gradual geographic reduction of Palestine through four stages from pre-1948 to Trump's Middle East plan, Abbas said: "I challenge any of you, if you can even see us on the map. If you ask a child in first grade to draw Trump's map he will never know how to."

"This is a disgrace," he added.

Abbas also said that he will cut security ties with both Israel and the US: "We've informed the Israeli side ... that there will be no relations at all with them and the United States, including security ties," he said.” 

Abbas has lost the plot. The map Abbas held up (click link) - was totally false and misleading – even its title is a total lie - but it also comprises only 23% - not 100% of Historic Palestine, which, of course, had nothing to do with the Arabs who call themselves "Palestinians" today, but was named by the Romans half a millenium before the Arabs came to the area. (Read More)