Friday, November 16, 2018

'Trump peace plan will never happen under Abbas'

Deputy Foreign Minister Tzipi Hotovely responded to the resignation of Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman Thursday.
 
"This is one of the cynical political moves that have been seen here," Hotovely told Arutz Sheva. "A political maneuver to exonerate itself in an election year over a campaign that is currently under way. I think we have never suspected Liberman of being an ethical person, but I feel this is a new record of cynicism, of preferring personal interests over the national."
"Since this is the situation, I think we should be happy that the defense minister has vacated his seat, and with the help of God, I hope there will be a more worthy person there, and I have no doubt that anyone who will replace him at this time will come from a more national place that gives more weight to state considerations.
 
"We are in a very sensitive period and I think there is a point in continuing this government if we really all unite and understand that there will be another significant period in which to achieve achievements.
 
Hotovely expressed her desire to assume the position of Immigration Minister in the next government. "I see myself as someone who wants to be a partner in the government and also to take on a significant role, the immigration and absorption portfolio, which is now a case that is being vacated by Yisrael Beytenu's retirement, and I can see myself as a minister. But we really will continue in this story only if everyone accepts responsibility and understands that we have to continue until November, but if the business is going to break down very quickly then perhaps we should all go to elections, but as I said the national interest is to continue until the original election date." READ MORE