Monday, March 27, 2017

'Trump seriously considering embassy move'

Vice President Mike Pence on Sunday addressed the 2017 AIPAC policy conference, where he expressed gratitude to Jews in America who helped elect President Donald Trump and stressed the administration’s unwavering commitment to Israel.

“I’m proud to call [Trump] my friend. I’m proud to call him my president, but I was never more proud when, at the outset of his first address to Congress, he condemned the vandalism and hate against Jewish communities in the United States,” said Pence.

“Under President Donald Trump, the world will know this: America stands with Israel! President Trump stands with Israel because her cause is our cause. Her values are our values. And her fight is our fight.”

Pence noted that during Trump’s recent meeting with Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, the President stressed the strong relationship with Israel and said that the relationship will become even stronger.

“We pray for the peace of Jerusalem and all who call her home,” said Pence. “And I say with confidence: President Trump and I stand without apology for Israel and we always will!”
Among the pro-Israel actions taken by Trump was the appointment of Nikki Haley as UN ambassador, who will ensure that “the United Nations will no longer be used as a forum for invective against Israel,” continued the Vice President.

He also cited the appointment of David Friedman as ambassador to Israel, saying, “This week it will be my high honor to administer the oath of office to Ambassador David Friedman. READ MORE