Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Obama's 'propagandist': Iran deception was business as usual

Ben Rhodes
Ben Rhodes
Reuters
US President Barack Obama's senior White House aide Ben Rhodes on Tuesday refused to say he regrets his comments to the New York Times earlier this month, in which he revealed he and other officials misled the public on the controversial Iran nuclear deal sealed last July.

Rhodes was asked on Tuesday if he has any "regrets" about the article while attending a Center for a New American Security event focused on American policy in Southeast Asia, reports Washington Free Beacon.

"I will not Monday morning quarterback every article that I have been a party to," Rhodes answered dismissively. "I will say that, you know, when things like this happen, that’s a part of what happens in Washington. The people who know me know what I care about and know how I approach issues, and know what motivates me in this job.” READ MORE