Monday, March 14, 2016

Did Obama make up his fight with Netanyahu?

Former Israeli Ambassador to the US MK Dr. Michael Oren (Kulanu) on Sunday denied US President Barack Obama's recollections of a tense meeting with Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, as published in an interview with Atlantic magazine last week.

In the interview with Jeffrey Goldberg, Obama described a meeting with Netanyahu in 2011, in which he claimed the Israeli Prime Minister was "condescending" in manner as he launched into a "lecture" about the dangers Israel faces in the Middle East.

Obama said he responded: "Bibi, you have to understand something. I’m the African American son of a single mother, and I live here, in this house. I live in the White House. I managed to get elected president of the United States. You think I don’t understand what you’re talking about, but I do." (READ MORE)