Saturday, February 27, 2016

Trump: I'm Israel's best friend

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is dismissing remarks by other candidates that he could be detrimental to Israel and is declaring that he is “Israel's biggest friend”. In the interview, the billionaire dismissed Florida Senator Marco Rubio's assertion that he was not a supporter of Israel, stressing, "My friendship with Israel is stronger than any other candidate's.”

“I want to make one thing clear: I want to strike a peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians. It is what I aspire to do. Peace is possible, even if it is the most difficult agreement to achieve. As far as I understand, Israel is also interested in a peace deal. I'm not saying I'll succeed, or even that an agreement between Israel and the Palestinians is within reach, but I want to try. But in order for an agreement to happen, the Palestinians need to show interest. It's a little difficult to reach an agreement when the other side doesn't really want to talk to you,” said Trump, clarifying earlier comments that he would be “neutral” on the Israeli-Palestinian issue. (Read More)