Wednesday, August 5, 2026

'Resistance is Hamas's holy mission': Terror spox. tells Piers Morgan group will continue fighting


Hamas will not change its mentality and "resisting the occupation is its holy mission," the terror group's spokesperson Ghazi Hamad claimed during an interview with British journalist Piers Morgan, broadcast on Monday. Morgan asked Hamad whether the deal coordinated by the Trump administration, including the implementation of the Board of Peace and the National Committee for the Administration of Gaza (NCAG), will lead to Hamas disarmament.

"This is an exceptional phase in Palestinian history. Because of forced necessity, the hard circumstances in Gaza, we accept this agreement. But I think that as Hamas, I can confirm that we didn't change our mentality, our goal to end the occupation, to continue to end the occupation with the Palestinian factions, because this is our holy mission," Hamad said.

Notably, he did not answer Morgan's question, which explicitly asked when Hamas would disarm and hand over its weapons as part of the process. "Maybe this time [Hamas will use] some different tactics, different tools, different methods," Hamad added. The terror spokesperson, however, stated that he does not believe that Israel will "fulfill its commitments," as Israel has a "state of arrogance, state of supremacy, and wants to control everything by force," in his view. Hamas, therefore, will "continue with all Palestinian factions to fight against occupation until we reach the end of this occupation and freedom for our people," Hamad said. Hamad told Morgan that the deal is exceptional "because of the exceptional circumstances."

"I think we did our best in order to save our people, to save our citizens in Gaza from displacement, from mass killing, from massacres, from genocide, from all kinds of tortures. So I think this is a necessity in order to save our people in Gaza. I know it's not easy. I'm not so pleased with this deal because I think we are looking for something better in order to create a good atmosphere for our people, to end our occupation, to build a new future for our people," he said. (Ed note: Ghazi Hamad, can you believe that guy? "Holy mission." Like Iran, this is a religious war with Hamas.) (Read More)