Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Spectacular blood red moon photo captured over New York skyline

A photographer captured this stunning photo of a blood red moon over the New York skyline last night.
Jennifer Khordi took the breathtaking image at 840mm from 25 miles away in New Jersey (NJ), describing it as “one of the most amazing things I have ever seen”.
The semi-professional photographer, who is from NJ, shared a series of photos of the incredible moon rising behind the World Trade Center in Manhattan on Instagram and Facebook.
“It was just absolutely amazing to see this,” she told Caters.
“I plotted this shot and lined up with a lookout 25 miles from Manhattan.
“I think the best one is where the moon is directly behind the World Trade Center.
“I have always wanted to get this shot - for about two years now. I bought an extender just for it.”
She added: “The moon is a fickle beast!”
The photos have been a hit on social media, with Corinne Cavallo commenting: “These are so spectacular!!”
Mehdi Mudassir said: “Whenever I return to the US I would make it a point to photography the Manhattan skyline with you.”
While another fan wrote: “We were driving and saw this great red moon on the horizon .. wishing I had the 600mm to capture it. Great shot. All I had was my phone on the motorway.”