Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Fournier: Senior Clinton Officials Say ‘Trust Doesn’t Matter,’ She’s ‘Knowingly Misleading’ About Email

On Tuesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” National Journal Senior Political Columnist Ron Fournier said that senior officials for Democratic presidential nominee former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton have told him “trust doesn’t matter,” and that she’s “knowingly” deceiving the public about her email.
Fournier said he “pulled out the last of my hair” watching Clinton’s interview on “Fox News Sunday” because “she was parsing, she was talking about the fact that he said she didn’t lie to the FBI. And I’m like, you know, this is not the day and age to be parsing, and a parse is another word for a lie, because she’s knowingly misleading. She did violate policy. We know that. She did expose US secrets on a rogue server. We know that.”
He added, “Why underscore what the one thing is that’s holding her back from being president, which is how dishonest she’s been about the scandal? … Why go back to the 1990s, and do a Clintonian parse, that might have worked when there was gatekeepers and it was a different political environment? It doesn’t work now, when every member of the public has access to what she has said before, has access to the records that show that what she did was wrong and against policy. I just — I don’t get it. You know what really frustrates me is, all the Democrats who call people like me frustrated with Clinton, and I want to tell them, I did with this column, stop calling me, call Brooklyn. Tell them to quit lying, and you quit covering for her. Force her to do the right thing so that you can win this race.” READ MORE